13 November, 2009

The November Trail

I'm back! Sort of. Real life still needs my attention from time to time. I know right? SO annoying. Anyway, to celebrate the end to my movie reviewing celibacy, here are some of the latest movie trailers about the latest movies.

Salt

At first I thought this was a Jolie film similar to the Changeling, lady gets stupendously wronged by the government, heartbreakingly tortuous, lots of crying, etc. However, it’s so obviously not. It’s actually more like Wanted, only better cause it doesn’t blatantly spit on the face of the laws of physics. Or at least not too much, seriously, who can leap from that high and not fracture every major bone in their extremities?
Cast: Angelina Jolie, Liev Schreiber, Chiwetel Ejiofor
Director: Phillip Noyce
Release: July 23, 2010




Prince of Persia: Sands of Time
When I heard Jake Gyllenhaal was going to play the beloved Prince of Persia, I was very, very doubtful. But after seeing this trailer, well…he can carry the accent, and he still looks pretty with long hair, so not all is lost. After all, the hair is important. I loved the game, and I loved the story, fortunately it’s not a severely complicated story, so they can’t butcher this like most game-to-movie franchises. Right? I’ll admit though, I’m excited about this one.
Cast: Jake Gyllenhaal, Gemma Arterton, Alfred Molina
Director: Mike Newell
Release: May 28, 2010



Kick-Ass
When I was younger, this was exactly what I wanted to be when I grew up. With a better costume of course.
Cast: Nicolas Cage, Aaron Johnson, Lyndsy Fonseca
Director: Matthew Vaughn
Release: April 16, 2010



The Lovely Bones
This seems like a kaleidoscope of symbolism, I can’t wait to sink my teeth into it. This exquisite film stars Saoirse Ronan, that strikingly blue-eyed girl that ruined everything in the romantic tragedy Atonement.
Cast: Mark Wahlberg, Rachel Weisz, Susan Sarandon
Director: Peter Jackson
Release: December 11, 2009




***
Remember folks, don't judge a movie by its trailer!

1 Comment:

Skron said...

I'm big fan of Kick-Ass so I'm very much looking forward to it. Prince of Persia looks cool as well